Off the needles, blocked and waiting for buttons!
I thought I had just the right buttons for this…….but no. I need something with more personality. So, this goes in my bag of items that need something that isn’t in the studio here at Stitchknit. The bag that needs to go to the store. This poses a difficulty, in that I truly do hate shopping.
And, this………….it too needs buttons. Nothing in the box of hundreds and hundreds of new buttons……..or the huge box of vintage buttons will work. Love vintage buttons, but when the design needs 4, of course……..I can only locate things I like that come with just 3!
This is truly a tough one to get a picture of. The yarn is a blend of wool and rayon and has the prettiest shimmer to it.
Off the hook here, just waiting for ends, then the border.
This is like the blanket listed here in the shop. I love this diagonal design. Easy to remember, great for projects on the go!
Finally, a new item in my shop. A Handmade New Item! Hasn’t been one of those for ages. Between wedding, prom & graduation season, my local shop has been (and still is) FULL. I’ve hemmed & altered dozens of items each week. Took a break and finished off this scarf and managed to get it listed today!
Soft, drapes well, cotton. Long enough to wrap around a couple times……….narrow enough to use as a tie belt, or hat band on a big sun hat at the beach. Goes with anything.
I’m adding to my listings for toddlers and little girls, with these pint sized colorful scarves. All but the scarf on the needles available here:
These make cute gifts for your tiny fashionistas, as well as fun props for photo shoots and dress up collections.
Little girls scarf…..great for dress up too….and a fun prop for a photo shoot!
No new pics for other works in progress. I’m one of those knitters/crocheters who has multiple projects in the works at the same time.
* Have a pair of multi colored socks on the needles that just stay in the van, for those times when I’m waiting for someone.
* Still crocheting away on the modern striped baby blanket in 2 shades of gray and a pop of bright red. Loving this one, but it is getting too big to haul around. Now an at home sort of project
* Mary Poppins pork pie style straw hat……..took out a row or two, as I’m making this up from the pictures from the movie. Raffia was stretching out too much. Definitely an in the studio type project, as I’m writing the pattern as I go.
* Knit baby hat in soft blue, a great take anywhere project. Aiming to make up several of these in different colors.
* Black & white cotton knit scarf. Done but the fringe. So, technically not done at all. Seem to have projects in this basket all the time. Done: But needing something!
Actually, that doesn’t seem like much at all. Should go match up a few more patterns with some yarn! :)
I have been busy sewing on clients’ orders, but have managed to get a few things completed and a new scarf on the needles. Not sitting idly by here!
Interesting yarn, white with eyelash detail and another strand with little puffs of color. Will end up being a great summer weight scarf.
Planning ahead for football season! Baby sized football hat for the little fans!
Upcycled T shirt Scarf; Fun summer accessory
Stop by the shop to see what else I’ve been up to. Stitchknit; Creations in Fabric & Fibers
I’ve been working on this hat for what seems like years. More likely, just months……….but with these tiny needles it is taking an age!
On the needles; slouch hat in pink with a glint of gold
Just a couple more inches I think………then I’m going to just gather up the crown and sew up the side seam. Should fit loosely, falling into soft folds in the back.
Could be done by Christmas!