I think I’ve finally got a hat made to go with my Ms. Poppins scarf! The scarf has become my most popular item in my Etsy shop & I’m often asked if I have the hat to go with it.
After a couple tries with black raffia, I switched to black yarn instead. The raffia just kept slipping and wouldn’t hold a “hat” shape no matter what. So, then there were the cherries and daisies to source….not as easy as I was expecting!
Here’s a hat in progress, the daisies had gone missing here at the new studio. I have seen them, but they were nowhere to be found for a picture!
Next will be actually attaching the cherries and the daisies. Then I have to figure out how to ship this! Thinking a flat rate box, so the hat won’t get crushed & the flowers stay put during shipping. (I’m used to shipping knit hats folded up in a mailing envelope!)
My goal was to get this in the shop by September & I’m not going to be too far off. In September…………of this year! 🙂
Back to work…..daisies to attach.